In April 2019, an initial meeting was held by Parents of students of Dance 2XS who are actively involved in their children’s sporting interest, that being Cheer, Tumble and Dance. They decided to form an Incorporated Association and 2XS Comp Cheer Inc was formed on 29th July 2019, and is located in Cairns FNQ. Its primary goal is to assist Athletes participating in Cheer, tumble and dance with improving training facilities & assisting with the cost involved in taking part in competitive cheer. 2XS Comp Cheer Inc covers the area between Port Douglas, Cairns and South to Innisfail, including the Atherton Tablelands.
The goals of the Club are:
- Promote, cultivate and foster the sport of Cheer and Dance.
- Maintain teams in competitions conducted by the sport.
- Educate, train, coach and encourage members of the Club in all aspects of life, not just specifically Cheer & Dance.
- Foster a healthy and safe environment and encourage sportsmanship and a sense of community spirit amongst members and parents.
- Provide a safe environment for all members to enjoy the sport of Cheer and Dance.
- Form an alliance with Kapsta Pty Ltd trading as Dance 2XS and other organisations of similar nature as the Club sees fit.
- Act conducive to the furtherance of the objects and interests of the Club, Dance 2XS, and the Governing Body (ACSA – Australian Cheer Sport Alliance)
Cheer is being recognised as one of the fastest growing sports in Australia, and we are starting to see great recognition and interest shown by the general public and local communities of FNQ in supporting this wonderful Sport.